The key reason lies in the fact that you can turn social media platforms into a very powerful tool for reaching out a huge amount of people and establishing a relationship with them. This step is crucial for converting them into clients.
According to the Statista recent report, the number of Facebook users has reached 2 billion active users per month. If to add users of Instargram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, and LinkedIn, this number will reach 4.73 billion. Wow! It’s incredible, isn’t it? Just imagine how many customers and new opportunities for your business you are going to get there.
On top of that, here are 4 top reasons why you may like the idea of promoting your business using social media:
- A nice opportunity to make a stronger impact on your target audience
- A great way to build trust between you and exciting customers
- A good option to engage a lot of people
- New opportunities for promoting your business (Facebook CPA advertisement, Facebook business page, tweets, shares, repins, etc.)
9 Super Effective Social Media Tips
Want to get great hacks that can improve your social media campaign sufficiently? Here are 9 really efficient tips that will help you promote your business better. Read and implement them to get great results.
- Create a social media strategy. You need to set the goals for your social media campaign, choose platforms that you will focus on, decide what content to post and how often to do posts, choose the best time for sharing content on each social network.
- Use tools like Buffer, Ping.fm or Tiberr to manage and promote your social media profiles more effectively. It will make the whole process easier and faster.
- Bring value with the content you post. Give before you get. This is the golden Law of the Universe. It can be applied in any field or aspect of life. Business promotion is not an exception. Engage your target audience with high quality content and create value for them first. Only after that you can bring your offer to the table. Be sure the offer always meets the prospects’ needs and interests otherwise it is not valuable.
- Use BuzzSumo to know the latest trends and preferences of the target audience. This outstanding tool will show you posts related to your niche that enjoy the largest number of shares, likes, tweets, etc.
- Engage your followers. I like the example from Kym McNicholas that he mentioned in his awesome tips for social media. Check the tip #6 to get the idea.
- Use analytics for each network to optimize the results. Numbers don’t lie. They will measure your success and give you the idea of what you should improve.
- Automate the process. It will save your time.
- Benefit from the communities. They will give you an excellent opportunity to reach out thousands of people.
- Hire a social media specialist. If you feel that you are too busy to do all this on your own, hire an expert who will do it for you.
What Type of Content Will Work for Each Platform?
What to post on Google +, Facebook, and Twitter? Will the same posts do for Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn? No way! If you want to get the most out or media marketing, you should customize your content for each social network. Here is the checklist that will give you the ideas of what to post on each platform.
- Videos work best for Facebook. Curated content is great as well.
- Use professional content and company news for LinkedIn.
- Quotes, high-resolution photos and stories will be a suitable option for Instagram.
- It will be a good idea to share GIFs, blog posts, and news on Twitter.
- Pin helpful photo guides and relevant Infographics on Pinterest
- Blog posts which you’d like to rank higher on Google will be a good option for Google+
Moreover, here is a great formula for a nice post from Neal Schaffer, a TOP 5 SMM Influencer on Forbes:
Attention-grabbing headline + clean and relevant image + short compelling description = a nice post
Take into account that these tips and hacks are general. Thus, to create the most suitable content strategy for smm platforms, you need to try different ways and approaches. Do tests and check the analytics. It will help you come up with the most efficient smm strategy for you.
How to Find Great Content for SMM?
How Often Do You Need to Post?
Well, this is another vital question that needs your attention. The frequency depends on your niche, resources, target audience, updates, and social networks that you choose to focus on. Here are some general tips on how often to post on the most popular social platforms:
- Facebook – 1-2 times a day
- Twitter – 3-10 times a day
- Instagram – 1-2 times a day
- LinkedIn – 1-2 times a day
- Pinterest – 5-10 times a day
It is very important to come up with a suitable number of posts that will work for your audience. Posting too often may be annoying for people. On the other hand, if you don’t provide the visitors with a sufficient amount of content regularly, they can just forget about your page or they may consider it to be boring. Check your competitors’ pages to get a starting point of how often to post. In a couple of weeks, you’ll be able to customize this amount.
Choose the Right Time for Your Posts
If you want your publications to be seen by many people, you should take into account their smm habits. When do they check their Facebooks accounts? When do they visit LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.? It has been analyzed by top smm experts that it is better to proceed with the following timing:
|1-4pm and 2-5pm Monday – Friday|
|2-4pm and 8-11pm every day, weekends are the best time|
|1-3pm Monday – Friday|
|7-8:30am as well as 5-6pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|Google+||9-11am Monday – Friday|
|Tumblr||7-10pm Mondays-Thursday and 4pm on Fridays|
To make it easier, I recommend you use various automation tools.
5 Top Hacks to Get More Social Shares for Your Blog Posts
Your blog can be a great source of social traffic if you promote it effectively on media platforms. Here are 5 top hacks that that were picked up by Neil Patel. Implement them and you’ll see how your traffic will grow.
- Clicktotweet. This is probably the easiest and fastest way to share and promote content from your blog on Twitter. It allows people to tweet the text from your article in the blink of the eye. If you use this tool, you are likely to double your Twitter traffic.
- Use scrolling share buttons by AddThis. When you reader scrolls your article social media icons should continually scroll as well. This tool is free and very easy to use.
- Make shareable images. Shareable images are going to bring you more Pinterest traffic. You can use AddThis for this as well.
- E-mail out people you linked to. If you mention someone in your blog post, you should contact them via e-mail.
- Participate on the social Web. In other words, participate in subreddits, Facebook groups, and other communities. Leave your comments, like posts of other people, vote up and down, etc. In this way you are sure to get well-known in your community. Once you have valuable content for the community you can share it there getting a lot of traffic in such a way.
Check Analytics and Analyze the Results
Once you have traffic on your social media profiles you should measure it. How to do that? You can do it quickly and effectively with the help of specially designed tools like:
These tools will give you a clear picture of top fans, top posts, audience size, engagement rate, account info, statistics of your visitors, their age, gender, interests, etc. Once you know this vital info you’ll see what works best on this or that platform and why. The next step is to analyze everything properly and make an improvement.
Put It on an Auto Pilot
Finally, bring automation into the whole process. It will give you some extra time for other important activities. Scheduling posts and posting them using automation tools turns out to be a very reasonable option. However, you should read and reply to messages and comments manually otherwise you face the risk of losing an impact in your community. Feel free to implement these hacks and tips. If you have helpful tips to share, you are welcome to do it in the comments below.