What Is Email Marketing Campaign and How Can You Benefit from It?
Email marketing is essential if you want to succeed in growing your clientele and sales in any niche. It may be a great powerful marketing tool if you use it in a right way. You may wonder: “What is email marketing campaign?”
To put it simply, this is a well-thought and compelling sequence of messages that are aimed at building a strong relationship with your prospects, gaining their trust, and converting them into leads in the long run. Usually, an average email campaign consists of 10 letters (9 story-selling messages and one welcome message).
Nowadays, no company/business owner can do without a successfully set up email campaign. 75% of online marketers tend to turn to email marketing more often than 3 years ago.
On top of that, this type of marketing turns out to be a surprisingly cost-effective tool. You’ll be wowed!
According to the statistics provided by the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing delivers a very solid ROI of 4,300%
This is a very strong argument that shows you why you should consider it for your business, product or service promotion. If you’d like to discover some more mind-blowing statistics, feel free to check this article by Amanda Nelson, a Senior Manager at Salesforce.
Unfortunately, most entrepreneurs have vague ideas on how to launch and curate email campaigns successfully. Keep reading this article to get a more clear picture of it.
What Makes a Successful Email Marketing Campaign?
To launch an engaging campaign and make it a success, you’ll need to:
- have a well-built email list or build it with the help of the efficient lead magnet
- set clear goals (determine what results you’d like to achieve with your campaign)
- know your audience (create customer persona and find out all the vital details about your prospects like age, occupation, sex, interests, the region where they live, etc.)
- get all the necessary tools to make your campaign effective (automation tools, email tools, etc.)
- write compelling messages embedding relevant and catchy stories in them. That’s where storytelling is of a great importance. Using great metaphors and stories will help you convert your prospects into clients smoothly and without being annoying.
- address the pain points of your target audience and trigger their emotions.
- avoid being too salesy. If you manage to set a bond between you and your prospects telling them engaging stories and showing how exactly your product/service can solve their challenges, you are more likely to end up with a lot of leads.
- present your offer at the right time and using the right words.
Where to start and what to do?
Address the needs of your website’s visitors and offer them something valuable for free asking them to leave their emails. That’s where a highly effective lead magnet matters a lot. There are different types of lead magnets: educational, useful, community-building, entertaining, and bottom of funnel.
What can you offer?
- resource lists
- free course, etc.
Feel free to get more great ideas for awesome lead magnets here.
To let a lead magnet do a great job, use a strong, clear, and enticing call to action.
Once the prospect gives you his/her email, you should say thank you to him/her and send a welcome message. It can be a good idea to kindly ask your subscriber to whitelist your address. In this way, you can be sure all your further electronic mails reach your prospects successfully.
Start building a relationship with your subscribers as early as possible. Show your respect and good manners. Treat the inbox of your prospects like their home delivering them only engaging and high-quality content.
7 Top Elements of a Successful Email Marketing Campaign
What else will you need to succeed? Take into account these 7 vital things that you can find below:
- A credible email tool. Choose a tool that will help you get the most out of your efforts (Hubspot, Mailchimp, Emma, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, etc.).
- An enticing sequence of letters. Plan it thoroughly (time, themes, types of messages, call to action, etc.).
- Clear and smart headlines. Headlines are the very first thing that your prospects will see. That’s why if they are not good, they won’t even read your letter. On the contrary, if they are attention-grabbing, your audience will be properly engaged in reading the whole message.
- A neat and professionally written direct copy. That’s where you’ll need to master the craft of storytelling.
- Autoresponder. No up-to-date business on the Web can do without it. You should learn how to use Autoresponder to your own benefit.
- Split tests. Use different content and see how it works with the help of split tests.
- Analytics. Use analytics to measure your success.
5 Tips for Starting an Email Marketing Campaign in a Winning Way
- Focus on your goals. Set your goals taking into consideration your business plan, resources, prospects. For each category of prospects, you can set a separate marketing goal and stick to it. For example, to get 5 clients that will choose the premium plan, to get 10 clients that will choose the popular plan, to get 20 clients that will choose the basic plan in 2 weeks. The more detailed your goal is, the better.
- Split your email list into several groups. Expert marketers always split their subscribers into several categories and use a different sequence of letters for each group. It makes the whole campaign even more efficient and custom.
- Make your messages more personal adding more excitement to them.
- Make sure design you use in your electronic mails is appealing and catchy.
- Use time-proven templates for messages. You can check the electronic mails of your favorite bloggers, influencers, entrepreneurs, analyze them, and use them as a template for creating your own messages.
Extra 4 Tips for Running an Email Marketing Campaign Successfully
- Use 3 different types of content in a smart way: promotional, relational, and transactional letters
- Accomplish tests and measure your efforts with analytics. It will help you see what messages work better and what you should change to get better results and more leads.
- Be determined to redo the parts of your campaign that don’t work well. Never hesitate to try various ways and approaches. If one doesn’t work effectively, switch to another. If the letter doesn’t provide the necessary effect, feel free to rewrite it paying attention how it is usually done by top experts.
- Be patient. Even if the results won’t be significant at first, keep going and keep doing your best.
Now, I hope you have a clear picture of what to do to set up email marketing campaign and manage it in a winning way. If you have any other valuable tips on this, feel free to leave them below in the comments section. Good luck!